INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND PROSPECTIVE PARENTS
This document summarizes the policies and agreed practices of the school in order to enable parents to play a meaningful and constructive role in the education of their children whilst at the same time respecting the rights of the Governance and Management bodies in the school to discharge their duties effectively. This document also serves to inform prospective parents of the objectives and operating systems of the school. This document contains extracts from the School’s Constitution; these extracts are in bold print.
THE VALUES AND ETHOS:
Ashton International College, Ballito is an Independent Day College, which opened its doors in 2010, as part of the Ashton Group established in 1998 as Ashton International College, Benoni. Ashton International College offers co-education from Grade 000 to Grade 12 (Form 5). The academic education provided is based on:
- Revised National Curriculum Statement
- Independent Examination Board (IEB)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
Ashton International College:
- is a Christian College
- it celebrates diversity, and
- aims to build trust and respect for the individual, community and the environment, thereby encouraging principled, responsible behaviour
- it encourages individual responsibility in the context of teamwork
- strives to achieve excellence and instill the value of giving of one’s best
- it will endeavor to create a nurturing environment fostering an atmosphere where a sense of belonging to a caring family is created
- it will undertake open and transparent communication.
Ashton International College aspires to foster a sense of belonging to a caring family. Within this secure framework, respect for others, moral integrity and strict adherence to discipline will be established and maintained. In this way, the College strives to produce well-balanced children with open, inquiring minds and a proper sense of values – young people who will make a meaningful contribution to the society in which they live.
OUR VISION is to nurture young talent by providing a beacon of education that will guide them to a brighter future.
OUR MISSION is to provide a balanced, caring and relevant educational experience in order to ensure that students achieve their full potential through exposure to a wide range of academic, sporting, creative, cultural community and entrepreneurial activities. Ashton International College shall, at all times, endeavor to offer this education to as broad a spectrum of the community as possible.
OUR GOAL is to create and maintain an environment and build an ethos whereby Ashton International College is committed to:
- employ talented and committed staff capable of creating a stimulating learning environment
- providing holistic, balanced educational programes that focus on the needs, aspirations and abilities of individuals. It will encourage all students to achieve their best through self-discipline, meaningful independent learning and critical thinking
- developing life skills that are essential to an individual’s personal and professional growth and add value to society as a whole
- recognizing and appreciating the unique contribution of each student, member of staff and parent and inspiring students to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed.